Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 19:11:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        tinguely@plains.nodak.edu (Mark Tinguely)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: VAT how-to question

> I asked this to -questions yesterday, but I have not seen it come down the
> list, so I will ask again here.
>
> I have vat running on a 2.0 SNAPSHOT, but I can't get it to work on
> 2.0.5 ALPHA/RELEASE. I am using the GUS sound card, the snd, gus and
> vat_audio are in the kernel configuration files. I made the snd and vat
> devices from MAKEDEV. I run the vat from ftp.ee.lbl.gov. This version
> of vat uses /dev/audio not /dev/vatio (is there another copy of vat we should
> be running?) and when the packet come in for vat, I get repeatily the error
> message:
>
> /kernel: Sound: Audio queue4 corrupted for dev0 (55522/16)

I saw these queue corruptions, too here on my machine (with GUS 3.7).
I got vat working now (with Amancio's help). Jim Lowe pointed me to a newer version of
sound.v30.2. The current sound driver isn't yet finished so you gotta build a special
kernel using sound.v30.2.tar.gz. Don't use pseudo-device vat_audio with this
sounddriver. Something newer should be (as of Jim Lowe) on ftp://ftp.cs.uwm.edu/pub/FreeBSD.

> now that vat uses the voxware driver, can a soundblaster be used to listen
> to vat?
>
> thanks.
>
> --mark.
>
> ps. FreeBSD hackers in the SD/ND/Northern MN are welcome to come to the
>     Fargo/Moorhead Internet Users Group picnic on 06/27/95. see
>     http://rrnet.com/iug/ for details.

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.0-BUILT-19950619 FreeBSD 2.0-BUILT-1995
0619 #1: Mon Jun 19 19:54:08 MET DST 1995     kuku@blues.physik.rwth-aachen.d
e:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386