Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:00:29 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nameserver for virtual host

On Monday 05 February 2001 14:41, Jaime wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> > I am adding a virtual host with a different hostname to my webserver. How
> > would I go about defining this in the nameservers? Could someone give me
> > an example please.
>
> 	I'm willing to help, butI would need more information.  Are you
> asking for the Apache configurations?  Are you asking for the DNS system
> as a whole?  Are you asking for information about configuring BIND to
> allow point the new FQDN at the server?
>
> 						Jaime

Thanks for responding. What I'm trying to figure is the DNS settings. I have
a working nameserver for my main domain. All the examples I've read point to
other nameservers. Is it possible to resolve two domain names to the same
machine? If so, how do I add the second domain in BIND.  I'm trying to avoid
getting another static IP, and having to set up a third nameserver. I am
somewhat familiar with setting up the SOA and A records etc....but I can't
quite figure out how to do this.

Beech