Date:      Sat, 10 Sep 2011 11:53:48 +0100
From:      Graeme Dargie <arab@tangerine-army.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba question

Hi All

I am sure there is a simple answer to this but I google has not overly help=
ed.

I am trying to mount a samba share that is on a FreeBSD 8.2 server to anoth=
er FreeBSD 8.2 server,

Mount_smbfs -I <IP> //user@host/share /mountpoint

It then asks for a password, I enter the users password and then get mount_=
smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr =3D Authentication error

Dmesg is showing smb_co_lock: recursive lock for object 1

I have samba integrated with Active Directory, so I then thought ah maybe a=
dding the user to AD would help, so I have done so using the same password =
etc still no joy, I have make sure the user has access rights on the samba =
share, restarted samba and the same error persists, any ideas ?

Regards

Graeme