Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:15:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml@t-b-o-h.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/console and syslog

Hi,

	I'm having an issue where if I have syslog output something to
/dev/console, it comes back to syslog again as a "kernel:" message.
I've verified that this is definitely something with /dev/console, since
even if I do :

valhalla# echo "STRAIGHT TO CONSOLE" > /dev/console

	I can :

valhalla# grep "STRAIGHT TO CONSOLE" /var/log/spool
Oct 21 16:12:07 valhalla kernel: STRAIGHT TO CONSOLE

	Is there a way from syslog to write to the console but
NOT have it come back to syslog as a "kernel:" ?

		Thanks, Tuc