Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:44:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
To:        Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bioscall.s

--- Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net> wrote:

> This is somewhat hard to believe.  Since you type this at a shell
> prompt, the shell will "consume" these and make just sees
>
>   make buildkernel KERNEL=NOVA
>
> There must be (have been) something else in the way.

In the way of what?  'make buildkernel blah' will build the GENERIC kernel by
default.  Try it.  It was the first mistake I made after a successful
buildworld on my other box.  I didn't correctly argument the command and
entered..

make buildkernel NEBULA (Nebula is my DX4/100)

and the GENERIC build started.  I broke out of it... inputted ...

make buildkernel KERNEL="NEBULA"

and the build completed just fine.   As long as you get the "make buildkernel"
correct, it *will* build something.

-Richard