Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:46:21 +1000 (EST)
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Horst=20G=FCnther=20Burkhardt=20III?= <horst@sxemacs.org>,  FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Two issues. One minor, one major.

Hi Horst,

>is it possible to change the font on the console?

 Yes - use 'vidcontrol -f <font>', where <font> is one of the
standard FreeBSD syscons fonts.

 I think you might have to switch vty's and back to get it to
redraw the existing screen in the new font.

>I personally would love to have the same small font as in
>in the openfirmware screen - or at least a similar small
>font.
>
>I like small console fonts :)

 The font size can only be set at boot-time from the loader
with the hw.syscons.fsize variable. Supported sizes (heights,
really) are 8, 14 and 16, with 16 the default.

later,

Peter.