Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2013 23:41:53 -0400
From:      "J.R. Oldroyd" <fbsd@opal.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?UmVuw6k=?= Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geolocation (was: Re: chromium v25.0.1364.97 problems)

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:22:08 +0100 Ren=C3=A9 Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.com> wr=
ote:

> I think the correct syntax is "chrome --v=3D1" (google for "chromium
> vlog") but VLOG() seems broken. If you replace the VLOG(1) in
> wifi_data_provider_freebsd.cc by a LOG(ERROR) you will see a list of
> access points on the console.
>=20
> So a list is retrieved but somehow not processed correctly.
>=20

Confirmed that when I replace the VLOG() with LOG(ERROR) it does
show the WiFi AP scan info.  That's good.  The FreeBSD WiFi AP
scan code is still working, then.

VLOG() was working when I wrote the WiFI AP scan code on 23.x,
by the way.

So the AP scan list is returned to DoWifiScanTask() in
wifi_data_provider_common.cc where it is compared to the previous scan
results and if DiffersSignificantly() or it is the first scan,
NotifyListeners() is called.  That's an inline macro that calls
DeviceDataUpdateAvailable() on all registered listeners.

Ok, who here knows how to backtrace C++ callers?

	-jr