Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:20:28 -0600
From:      Juan Kuuse <kuuse@quik.guate.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail very slow at boot

I'm a newbie running 3.0-RELEASE for some weeks, and until today my
network connection worked fine.
But today:

sendmail hangs for a long time at boot.
When I add the samba daemon to rc.local:
echo " smbd" && /usr/local/sbin/smbd -D
echo " nmbd" && /usr/local/sbin/nmbd -D
it also hangs for a long time.
Netscape also takes about a minute to initiate, so it seems to be a
common network config problem.

I read about a similar problem due to bad config in resolv.conf, so I
added
the ISPs secondary nameserver, so now my resolv.conf file looks like:

domain  guate.com
nameserver      216.72.30.3
nameserver      204.182.160.1

but the problem still remains.

Anyone that may give a helping hand, please?

Send a copy to me, as I'm currently not on the list, please.

/Juan Kuuse