Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:50:36 -0500
From:      Mark Hummel <mhumm@ispchannel.com>
To:        BSD ListServ <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Basic CVSUP question

I've read the manual page and the handbook on CVS. It's way over my
head, but I'm trying to push myself a bit here.

I'd like to attempt a port upgrade via ftp and I understand I should use
CVSup.  Do I need a sup file or can I specify my intent directly from
the command line?  What exactly do I type to update only my
4.0-installed ports collection?  BTW, is CVS the same command as
CVSup...and after I CVSup the ports do I do a make world or build world?

Thanks for keeping my head above the FSD water.

Mark