Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:25:34 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <netchild@graphics.cs.uni-sb.de>
To:        sean@inow.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: interchange-4.8.6

mail.inow.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie and am trying to install Interchange onto my freeBSD
> machine using pkg_add - with the result
> "pkg_add: unable to open table of contents file `+CONTENTS' - not a
> package?"

Where is this package from?

Have a look at this package with "tar -tzvf package.tar.gz", if it
contains Makefile, pkg-descr, pkg-comment and pkg-plist then it is a
port, not a package. Have a look at the handbook (either in /usr/share
or on freebsd.org) for a description how to proceed further then.

Bye,
Alexander.