Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:36:52 -0700
From:      Bryan Talbot <btalbot@ucsd.edu>
To:        matt <matt@MLINK.NET>, FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Strange Problem.

3.3-stable added tcpwrapping to inetd by default.  You didn't mention this
in your problem description.  Have you looked into this possibility?

At 03:24 PM 9/24/99 , matt wrote:

>is set to default to accept with IP_FIREWALL. The only thing done to this
>machine in the last week (time from which user last connected fine) was
>the upgrade to 3.3-STABLE from 3.2-STABLE.. I am at a loss, is there
>anyone out there with an idea of what could be causing this increasingly
>strange problem? Thanks.

CONSUMER NOTICE: Because of the "Uncertainty Principle," it
is impossible for the reader to find out at the same time
both precisely where this message is and how fast it is moving.