Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:09:49 -0600
From:      Tillman <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache-modssl and the OpenSSL port

Howdy,

I'm having trouble with the apache13-modssl port:

[root@coyote apache13-modssl]# make certificate TYPE=custom
This port wants the OpenSSL library from the FreeBSD
base system. You can't build against it, while a newer
Version is installed by a port.
Please deinstall the port or undefine USE_OPENSSL_BASE.
*** Error code 1
Stop.

[root@coyote apache13-modssl]# echo $USE_OPENSSL_BASE
<no output>

Near as I can tell, it wants me to undefine a shell variable that
doesn't exist :-)

There was an update to the port on Jan 20 that says:

- update SSL support.
defaults to openssl port (now 0.9.6.h)
New options:
use the lastest version (now 0.9.7)
        USE_OPENSSL_BETA=yes
use teh base version with
        USE_OPENSSL_BASE=yes

That sounds like it's /supposed/ to work with the openssl port.

Something that might be related is that I updated my base system
(4.7-STABLE) today, and noticed the note in /user/src/UPGRADING about
the newer version of OpenSSL. As I'm using the port, I didn't think that
would change much.

-T

--
Page 30: Leaving a terminal logged in is like leaving your car unlocked
with the keys in the ignition.