Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:41:40 +0100 (CET)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Streaming MPEG..

Hi,

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de> wrote:
>  > On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Oliver Fromme wrote:
>  > > Note that "I-frame crippled" MPEG has pretty poor
>  > > compression/quality, compared to "real" MPEG streams
>  > > (with I, B and P frames).
>  >
>  > This is the old Xing streaming, I think.
>
> Correct.

I think Frank Gadegast who wrote many MPEG programs some years ago,
and he had www.mpeg1.de or something like that, there is still a mirror in
sweden working, had a Xing demo on his site, a system for some kind of
InternetTV, but I dont remember the details. Old Linux and it didnt work
here.

Anyway, if we had something like mp1e and icecast, plugging the
Videorecorder or the Kamera into the box et voila...that would be fun.

But I have never made experiments with MPEG audio or video outside the
DFN..

H.