Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:43:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mounting ext2 partitions on freebsd and freebsd slices on linux

I'm familiar with linux, but not with freebsd.  I've just installed 3.1 on
my local IDE disk, having linux installed on a scsi disk with an adaptec
1522 controller.

I'd like to be able to mount the freebsd partition/slices under linux
while I configure freebsd.  The linux mount man page doesn't seem to clear
about how to mount the freebsd slices (I think that's what you call them).

I see the freebsd partition under linux as /dev/hda1, and would like to be
able to mount the various partitions/slices so I can see them under linux.

Also when freebsd supports the adaptec 1522, which the 3.1 and 3.2 notes
indicate will happen "in the future", how can I mount the linux partitions
under freebsd?

thanks again for what is a newbee question from someone who at least under
linux doesn't feel like a newbee at all.

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd, Madrid SPAIN    Tel: +34-91-408 4878    email: sjmudd@pobox.com