Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:24:04 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@smtp.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: dhclient/ifconfig questions.

On 10/08/01 01:31 PM, Mikko Tyolajarvi sat at the `puter and typed:
> [...]
>
> As you have already guessed, you can't mix "DHCP" with ifconfig flags.
> Set ifconfig_xl0 to "DHCP" and put any commands you need executed
> first in a file called "/etc/start_if.xl0" (in your case that would be
> "ifconfig xl0 ether ..." i guess).
>
> Don't know if your X problems are related, though.

You hit it right on.  I don't know just what the X problems were, but it
wasn't just X, vim wouldn't work either.  I still think my bogus
config managed to dump the startup process early.

The start_if.xl0 worked great!  Now when I get my kinks worked out,
I'll get that re-provisioned.

Thanks again!
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Mark's Dental-Chair Discovery:
  Dentists are incapable of asking questions that require a
  simple yes or no answer.