Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 18:43:11 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please test this on your system (and see if you crash)

On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Yes, this program may hose you.  It hoses me, so be careful trying it
> out.

Not hosed ;-)

> Its function is to allow anyone in group wheel to execute commands as
> arbitrary users and it should be run setuid to root.  In 2.1 it works
> fine, in 2.2 I get a very strange lock-up which may just be me, thus
> this email for confirmation.

Jordan, I'm running -current of 28. Jan.
I compiled this program, named it xxx, did a chmod 4755.
I created a shellscript /tmp/yyy, chmod 700 owner: root.
yyy does a '/bin/ls /'
User andreas (me):
uid=1000(andreas) gid=1000(andreas) groups=1000(andreas), 0(wheel), 5(operator)

/tmp/xxx /tmp/yyy worked perfectly without hosing anything.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de       /\/\___  Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm        ___/\/\/       - Support Unix - aklemm@wup.de -