Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 21:22:15 -0500
From:      "Alfred Perlstein" <perlsta@sunyit.edu>
To:        "Satoshi Asami" <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: what's up with this TCL port error?

>  * every port i try to build gives me the error:
>  *
>  * ===>  rumba-0.4 : You have an old tcl installation on your machine.
Remove
>  * everything that matches /usr/local/*/*tcl* first.
>  *
>  * so i did what it said:
>  * rm -rf /usr/local/*/*tcl*
>  *
>  * had to force the package install of tcl but still i keep getting this
>  * error...
>
> Really?  That is very odd.  Does the file /usr/local/include/tcl.h
> still exist?  If so, did you run the "rm -rf" is root?

no:

# cd /usr/local/include/
# ls -l tcl.h
ls: tcl.h: No such file or directory

however:

# cd tcl8.0/
# ls -l tcl.h
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  bin  39 Jan 26 07:46 tcl.h ->
/usr/local/include/tcl8.0/generic/tcl.h
# pwd
/usr/local/include/tcl8.0

hmmm, is there something i could give you to make this more easy to
diagnose...
in fact i just made world yesterday and the problem persists...

 -Alfred