Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:45:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        dloomis@fpceldorado.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Senao pcmcia cards

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 dloomis@fpceldorado.org wrote:

> I have been told on other lists that the problem is with the firmware
> version on the cards.  I flashed them some time back with firmware v.1.7.4.
> I have been told that only v. 1.5.6 and earler work with FreeBSD.  That
> sounded rather strange since the same cards work just fine under Linux on
> the very same hardware.  Can there be THAT much difference between the
> drivers in Freebsd and Linux?
>
> If what I have been told is correct, is it possible to re-flash the cards
> with the earlier firmware version or is that a no-no?  I would like to use a
> Freebsd-based system on my router at the church without having to opt for
> the newer Atheros-based cards just now (which does work well).
>
> Dr. Daniel Loomis
> First Presbyterian Church
> El Dorado, AR

I'm using 1.5.6 here without any major issues.  I have not tried 1.7.4,
but I believe that there are reports of it not getting along with the
FreeBSD driver, for whatever reason.

If you successfully flashed up to 1.7.4, I believe that you should be able
to flash back to 1.5.6 without issue.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack