Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:02:26 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: which cd writer to buy?

Alex Povolotsky writes:
> Hmm... It costs well over $300 in Moscow, now... Can anyone say something
> good/bad about Panasonics (4r/2w)? What brands work, what doesn't?

I've been eyeing the Panasonic 7502B. Some research a while back
uncovered the fact that those who build parallel CD-R duplicators (were
more than one copy is made at a time) exclusively use the Panasonic CDR.
One engineer told me all other current production CDR's barfed when more
than one was on the SCSI bus.

Pricewatch and NetBuyer are turning up prices as low as $214 for the
Panasonic. Guess I'm going to have to buy soon.