Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 1996 02:22:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Xmfract

 * 	It would be nice if someone who has the access to do so
 * could compile an xmfract package that is statically linked with
 * Motif to replace the one in ftp.freebsd.org's packages-current
 * directory.  That one is dynamically linked, and therefore useless
 * to anyone without Motif installed.
 *
 * 	I filed a send-pr about this some months ago, but it was
 * apparently closed without action.

I don't know why you didn't get the notice, but the PR was closed
because the problem was corrected (that's why we usually close PRs :).

Satoshi
-------
P.S. From the end of the filed PR (you can also see any PR by going
through "http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi"):

>Audit-Trail:
State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: asami
State-Changed-When: Fri Sep 27 15:23:09 PDT 1996
State-Changed-Why:
I believe you are talking about packages-current on freebsd.cdrom.com
(aka ftp.freebsd.org).  In that case, it was my mistake, I compiled
a package with static libXm a while ago but forgot to copy it over to
the ftp site!  Sorry!