Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2008 18:47:48 +0000
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        x11@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xorg default configuration location

Hello,
     In the online handbook, 5.4 X11 Configuration, 5.4.2 Configuring X11
states "As of version 7.3, Xorg can often work without any configuration file
by simply typing at prompt:
% startx

If this does not work, or if the default configuration is not acceptable,
then X11 must be configured manually"

Where *is* this default configuration located?

Basically, I've got a notebook that I've just (Sunday 3rd Feb 2008) installed
(and updated to lastest src / ports) that the "default" xorg (that is,
without having to run "Xorg -configure") setting appear to be fine - except
for one (ever-present) problem - keyboard layout for UK.

So, the *only* thing I'd like to change is the XkbLayout setting. Is it
possible to locate this "default configuration" and simply change that config
setting?

On another note, is there a reason why despite going through the motions of
setting location / keyboard layout during installation, on first boot, none
of this locale-based information is  retained?

Thanks.

Regards,

S Roberts