Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:48:11 -0700
From:      "Eff Norwood" <enorwood@effrem.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3ware 7850 kernel trap/NMI problem

Hi All,

I have an issue with a 3ware 7850 8 port IDE Raid card on a dual Xeon
FreeBSD 4.7 system. Here's the deal:

*the system*
------------
Dual Xeon 2.4GHz, 2048MB ram, SuperMicro ServerWorks GC-LE chipset PCI-X MB,
BIOS 1.1, hyperthreading disabled
3Ware 7850 8 port IDE Raid card, firmware 7.5.2
x8 IBM Deskstar 120GB disk drives, configured as Raid 0
Syskonnect SK-9821 copper gigabit card
FreeBSD 4.7, kernel recompiled for single processor only

*the problem*
-------------
As the machine sits 100% idle, every 60 seconds or so I get the following
error message:

/kernel: NMI ISA 2c, EISA ff
kernel trap 19 with interrupts disabled
/kernel: NMI ISA 3c, EISA ff

If I do anything with the disk, like recompile a kernel or create a file
with dd, the above lines repeat over and over very rapidly until the disk is
done being busy.

Anyone have any ideas about what the issue might be?

TIA,

Eff Norwood