Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:41:09 +0100
From:      Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Addition to /usr/share/mk/sys.mk, Comments?

Hi,

I've often found a need to have a user specific make.conf in which I
can store various variables. A patch to /usr/share/mk/sys.mk makes
~/make.conf be evaluated last which I find very useful especially
when installing ports under users home directories, the patch is a
tiny three liner, if tested it on my home system.

Because its evaluted last it can override the others, which I imagine
could be a security hole or perhaps undesireable for root? In which
case it should be evaluted second and leave /etc/make.conf for last.

Any opinions? Perhaps this mailing list is not the ideal forum for
this discussion, however I couldn't think of a list that would be
better. If you can reccomend one ...

Thanks
Dominic