Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:57:10 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Accessing FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE filesystems from4.0-STABLE...

At 8:42 PM +0000 2000/3/27, Salvo Bartolotta wrote:

>  However, although I need to access each other's IDE disks read-only
>  from either slice, I seem to understand that, at this stage, it should
>  be HARMLESS to access them read write (at least, from 4.0-CURRENT or
>  -STABLE).
>
>  If any of such operations is NOT safe, I hope somebody will jump in
>  the discussion and tell us :-)

	I can't fsck the 3.4-STABLE disk while booted under 4.0-STABLE,
nor can I mount it at all.  So far as I can tell, all the devices are
made correctly, and I can't see anything else that should prevent me
from being able to mount the disks for one version of the OS under
the other version.  Yet it still doesn't work.