Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 10:55:50 -0700
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kg@versys.net>
To:        TymbrWlf <tymbrwlf@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help with Wordperfect 8

Have you installed the ports collection? They certainly make life a lot
easier using the time and experience others have contributed.

Use the port /usr/ports/editors/wordperfect.  For information on using
the ports you can read:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ports-using.html

The download that you actually use is named "GUILG00.GZ". Once that is
place in /usr/ports/distfiles/ then do a "make install" from
/usr/ports/editors/wordperfect.

Hope this helps.

TymbrWlf wrote:

>     That is where I originally downloaded it from.
>     The exact nature of the problem is this: I log in as root, I startx and
> open a xterm window.Then I go to the directory where I downloaded the
> archive, untar/unpack the files, and execute the .Runme script. The
> graphical installation fails but the character-based one works. I accept all
> defaults during the installation and everything seems to be OK. After
> installation finishes, I try to execute xwp in the /wpbin subdirectory and I
> get a segmentation fault and a core dump. My machine is a Pentium 166mHz,
> 128m Ram, 3gb HD, Matrox Millenium 2mb PCI Video, 3com 10/100 PCI NIC
> (3C595), SB AWE32, US robotics 56k Modem (Not a winmodem), FreeBSD
> 4.0-Release, XFree86 3.3.6. I saw something on the Corel site about
> WordPerfect not liking the accelerated Video drivers for X (which I'm using)
> but it was vague as usual. Hope this gives enough info. Thanks.
>
> Larry Hawk
> tymbrwlf@bellsouth.net

  Regards,

  Kevin G. Eliuk