Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 2006 03:45:43 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: Ports tree is now frozen

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

We're now in ports freeze; no unapproved commits.

The start of the freeze was delayed for several reasons; one of them
is ade's big libtool commit, which will be going in to the tree
shortly, after much testing.  We're still planning on a 2 week freeze,
but we'll know how things are going later on.

Remember, this time we're doing the 6.1 and 5.5 release cycles
simultaneously, so all ports users and developers should take this
time to carefully test their favourite ports and packages on those two
releases, if possible.

There are currently many ports that are known to be broken.  The main
purpose of freezing the tree is so that developers can focus on this
situation, so please check

  http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/

and work on submitting fixes for some of the ports broken on these two
branches.  Many of them require only a few minutes of care and
attention from a loving developer, and they'll be as good as new!!

Kris

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--