Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:59:58 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org, phantom@freebsd.org, "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: JDK should use system's zlib

On Sunday 16 October 2005 02:50 pm, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
= > @@ -307,2 +307,4 @@
= >
= >  .include <bsd.port.post.mk>
= > +
= > +EXTRACT_AFTER_ARGS+=	-x '*/zlib-*/*'

= Seems to be working fine in my testing so far. As a side-effect it has
= shaved 52KB off the libzip.so binary and a total of 4MB on a debug
= installation. On a side note: does EXTRACT_AFTER_ARGS really have to
= go to the end of the Makefile?

Yes, unless you wish to spell them out in full. bsd.port.mk will only
set this variable, if it is not set already :-( So, if you want to just
_append_ some flags, you have to do that at the end.