Date:      Thu, 9 May 2002 10:31:21 -0700
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <sendmail+gshapiro@sendmail.org>
To:        marius@alchemy.franken.de
Cc:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, sendmail-questions@sendmail.org
Subject:   Re: milter memory leak ?

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:25:17PM +0200, marius@alchemy.franken.de wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 09:26:39AM -0700, Gregory Neil Shapiro wrote:
> > mike> Am I safe in assuming the sample milter in the documentation is free of
> > mike> error ? This is from
> >
> > No, I just found one.  By the way, you should probably mail
> > sendmail-questions@sendmail.org for sendmail related questions, not
> > freebsd-stable.
> >

> could you please tell us the bug ?

Note that above I said to mail to sendmail-questions and not freebsd-stable.
That also implies not both of them. :)

I ended up cleaning up a lot of code there.  You can use the sample
code in libmilter/README instead.

> is there a known problem in the thread related stuff of libmilter or the
> pthread implementation of freebsd ?

Not as of yet.

> when i assemble a linked list of the recipients and finally try to put
> the list into a single string malloc()/realloc() fails at a certain
> point and the next function-call (regardless which funtion, also e.g.
> printf()) triggers a segfault. this happens when there are ~8-10
> recipients, for less it works.

Sounds like a bug in your code.  Perhaps you aren't allocating enough
memory and are overflowing.