Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:44:51 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New additions to http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/

--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 07:25:05PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:

> Currently this page is showing a lot of errors that are specific to a
> given platform/version combination, but it's not obvious what the problem
> is. For example, the error marked '???' seems to be a build script
> error:
>=20
> chroot: /buildscript: Exec format error
>=20
> that is specific to ia64-5-full according to
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/portscrossref.html (there are a lot of
> ports with these). There are also a lot of ports with 'fetch' errors that
> are the result of every fetch attempt dying with a seg fault on
> alpha-5-full. I noticed for my ports that this happens most often with
> ports that use MASTER_SITE variables, but I didn't do an exhaustive
> search. Finally, there are a lot of 'makefile' errors that when clicked on
> give a 404 for the alpha-4-full version of the build logs. If you could
> fix just those 3 errors, the vast majority of the ports with "errors"
> would disappear.

Yes..they were transient build problems on those two architectures
that will go away once another build completes and the logs recycle.
I'm not sure much can be done about this.

This is mostly a symptom of me not having a spare ports cluster with
which to test changes to the scripts, so catastrophic failures show up
in the logs.

> I'd also like to second the request for "by maintainer" links to this
> information. It would also be nice to break the info down by ports
> category. The huge tables aren't even conducive on my cable modem link, I
> shudder to think what they'd do to a dial-up.
>=20
> I hope this doesn't sound negative, more data is welcome, and it's obvious
> that a lot of work went into this. As Kris said, it just needs some
> polishing.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kris

--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr