Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 09:42:21 +0000
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "B. Richardson" <rabtter@aye.net>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 64-bit time_t

Aside from breaking legacy interfaces in K&R mode, the only real change
this will effect is to slow down the handling of system time issues on
32-bit platforms.  This change (if they implement it correctly) will
break at least one major commercial application.

Note that we already have 64-bit time support as I previously mentioned
(struct timeval), again geared more for usefulness than pointless
generality.