Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:01:32 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GNOME "freeze"

Hi folks,

As you know, we are heading toward 4.4-RELEASE and I would like to ask
all developers (both from the GNOME team and all others) to stay away
from committing anything into core GNOME ports marked by the
MAINTAINER=gnome@FreeBSD.org. In the case of security fix or any other
emergency (i.e. patch for showstopper bug) please contact
gnome@FreeBSD.org or me directly for review and approval. So far, we
are going nicely, and the last 4-STABLE bento build ended with only
galeon and dia broken (I've already addressed dia and currently
looking into problem with galeon), so chances are high that 4.4 will
be shipped with the fifth-toe GNOME metaport.

Thank you!

-Maxim