Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:35:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smbus, geom or ufs attr break the kernel

That's an odd set of things to have break in concert.  The UFS options
should not affect devfs at all.  That said, your best bet is probably to
turn off sets of related options until you figure out what the source is.
Obvious candidates would be to turn off the UFS options as a set, GEOM,
and then the smbus support, and see what makes things work again.

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories