Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:06:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Must have GTK or Motif, or both

	Ok, this is a weird one. I've had numerous complaints about the
xscreensaver port regarding its insistence on using motif, which I haven't
been able to track down because I don't have motif on my system, and it
builds just fine for me. I finally figured out today while working on the
update that the xscreensaver sources require at least one of gtk or motif
(lesstif/openmotif seem to be ok too). I didn't catch on to this because
the port I inherited has "WANT_GTK=       yes", and I have gtk installed
already.

	So, my question is this. Is there a way with our current ports
system to say, "I want at least one of X or Y"? I'm guessing the answer is
no, but I thought I'd ask. I don't see a "WANT_MOTIF" knob in ports/Mk.
The widgets are only needed for the graphical configurator, so I can
probably conditionalize it for the anti-bloatist folks, but it'd be nice
to check if one or the other exists already and use it.

Thanks,

Doug
--
    If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough.