Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:18:26 GMT
From:      "E TiE" <e_tie@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Optimising XFree86

I recently installed FreeBSD 3.3 on a Pentium 120Mhz machine w/ 40 megs RAM
and a 128MB swap partition. My problem is that X Window runs unbearably slow
on it -- redraws are particularly slow. I've since been searching everywhere
for information on how to optimize X Window but nothing (except for upping
the proc priority) has turned up. Does anyone have any pointers/info to
share? Thanks.

PS: The computer has a Matrox Millennium G200 8MB graphics card.