Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:58:32 -0400
From:      "Clarence Brown" <clabrown@granitepost.com>
To:        "'Alfred Perlstein'" <bright@wintelcom.net>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 4.1 lockup at isa0: on reboot

OK, I think I configured a debug kernel. I used the
config, make depend, make, make install procedure.
make depend took about 20 min, make took about 1 hr 20 min.

I did a soft reboot: shutdown -h now, hit any key to reboot,
hit space at count down, booted with command "boot -v".

As before the system proceeded to the "isa0:" line and then
locked up. At this point I tried Ctrl-Alt-Esc to enter the
debugger, but nothing happened. It seems to be too locked
up for the debugger.

Maybe I could try hitting Ctrl-Alt-Esc before it gets to
the "isa0:" line and stepping through the code up to the
error?

Any suggestions?

Cla.