Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:51:06 -0400
From:      "Sm@zZ" <smazz@twcny.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD Install question

I have an older laptop that doesn't have a bootable CD-ROM. The bay
either holds a CD Module or a Floppy module so I can't boot off the
floppies and install from the CD-ROM.

I have installed a small DOS partition and can access my FreeBSD CD-ROM,
is there any way to invoke the install from within DOS. (RedHat has a
batch file on the CD-ROM that allows the installer to launch, is there
anything I can use to do this for FreeBSD?)

Is it possible to boot off the floppies, switch out the Floppy module
for the CD module and then use the CD?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rich B