Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 23:06:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Webster <andrew@fortress.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>, jkh@time.cdrom.com, lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se, brian@mediacity.com, questions@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BitsurfrPro on FBSD 2.1 & MLPPP broken

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> Dave Walton stands accused of saying:
> >
> > I don't mean to be a pain here, but I really don't understand the
> > insistence that this is purely a hardware problem.  The second half of
>
> No matter what the input, the BS shouldn't crash and reboot.  Period.
> This is why it's a hardware problem.

I'd like to add my two cents to this...

I wonder if the problem lies in the fact that Win95 doesn't properly
implement the protocol, the BS in turn, was designed to "work" with Win95,
and as a result it doesn't work with a "proper" implementation.

Another possibility is that FreeBSD can drive the hardware much harder
than Win95 can and as a result timing problems in the BS's software are
coming to light.

Regards,

Andrew Webster  - andrew@pubnix.net - http://www.pubnix.net
PubNIX Montreal - Connected to the world - Branche au monde
 514-990-5911   - P.O. Box 147, Cote St-Luc, Quebec, H4V 2Y3