Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 00:51:24 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/alpha/isa isa.c src/sys/alpha/pci pcibus.c src/sys/cam cam_xpt.c src/sys/dev/ata ata-all.c src/sys/i386/

In message <199904230852.KAA38693@freebsd.dk> Soren Schmidt writes:
: It seems Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message <199904221153.NAA36481@freebsd.dk> Soren Schmidt writes:
: > : I did a quick fix for this, it works for me now...
: >
: > But doesn't work for me.  I had to hack which interrupts were probed
: > before it would work for me....
:
: Hmm, what went wrong, I had problems with that too, but it was because
: it always found irq7 for use, and that wont work as it conflicts with
: the printerport (which is disabled or one cannot reboot :( ).

The machine hung solid when I didn't exclude irq 9.  Don't know why.
And I also had the machine panic 2/3 of the time when I eject the card
:-(.  Excellent motivation forme to work harder on the pcic/pccard
conversion to newbus.

The pcic code is somewhat a twisty maze of code to make things work.
I think that it may be time to separate out some of the different
bridge chips into their own drivers, but I'm not completely sure that
would be best either.  For the moment, I'm ignoring the pc98 stuff
which makes it a lot easier to impelement.  But it may be tough
sledding to get all the current functionality integrated in a sane,
extensible manner.

Warner