Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:16:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: most FreeBSD-like Linux

> Slackware tried to be the most 'UNIX like' of the linux distros. I would say
> it file structure layout is the closest you come to a FreeBSD like system. I
> used Debian. I'm not sure it Slackware has a Alpha version. Redhat and
> Caldera are the furthest for FreeBSD, IMHO.

I tried RedHat 5.1 on my AS200 4/233 -- it was less than stable, to say
the least...  If they're going to make an Alpha distribution, they should
at least clean up the 32/64 bit problems so you don't get an "Unaligned
access error" when you try to do a "df"...

Of course, I get the same message on the Alpha 3000/500s machines at work
when running DSM under DEC UNIX.....  ho, hum.  That's what they get from
just re-compiling VAX code...

mike