Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 1999 07:53:39 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@eircom.net>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Hibernation & Phoenix Notebios???

On 02-Nov-99 Darryl Okahata wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      Does hibernation/save-to-disk work for anyone with a laptop with a
> Phoenix "NoteBIOS" BIOS?  I've got an old HP OmniBook 3000, and I can't

        I have had it working on some laptops (not my compaq Presario yet
though). I have almost always had to fiddle with geometry settings until they
match whatever is hardwired into the suspend to disk code in the bios otherwise
memory dumps overwrite filesystems and you get what you have seen. I am still
trying to figure out what the settings need to be on mine which has a touchy
bios that won't even try unless it believes the partition table (or sdomething).