Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:16:47 +0100
From:      Aernoudt Bottemanne <bottemanne@capitolonline.nl>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, a.bottemanne@nl.ibm.com
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org, "alpha@freebsd.org" <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: boot problem

Hi Andrew,

There seems to go a lot wrong... Yesterday I sent the show conf.... But I have not

seem my message appearing on the mailing list too, anyway I hope you receive this
one !

> Again, please provide a little more context.
>
> a) what version of FreeBSD are you booting?  Where did you get it?

Version 3.3 release, from CD-rom

> b) what hardware is in your computer.  Please at least take the time
> to copy "show dev".  show conf would be nice to see too.

Digital PWS 433a(u)
DEC chip 21164A-2, 433 Mhz

Matrox Millennium II 4MB, 128MB ram, Qlogic 1040B scsi controller, plextor scsi
cdrom, iomega scsi zip drive, 2 * 4,5 GB scsi disk (UW)

dkc0        Quantum XP34550
dkc100    scsi disk: RZ1CC-BA
dkc400    iomega zip 100
dkc500    plextor scsi CD PX-40TS
dva0        floppy
ewa0        (network card, DECchip 21142 Network Controller)
pkc0        scsi bus id 7
pqa0        pci ide
pqb0        pci ide

SRM        V7.0-10
ARC        5.68
Pal          VMS V1.20-14, OSF pal V1.22-17
SROM    v5.90

> c) what device are you booting from?  What did you type to boot the
> computer?

During installation dva0, after that dkc0 (the first scsi disk)

> d) what does the computer say after you attempt to boot it? Please
> include more than just the last line.

halted cpu 0halt code=2
Kernel stack not valid halt
PC=0