Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:38:35 +0200
From:      "Mathias Picker" <Mathias.Picker@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network connection troubles from a few external host to box with current RELENG_7

I have upgraded a server from 6-stable to RELENG_7 a few weeks ago. Everything seemed to run fine, only one friend of mine couldn't connect to it with his OS X pc (no ssh, no http, ping works, though) (other machines (windows) from inside his net could connect ok).

No I have a small registration application up:
http://strongdesk.com/oracle/recruitmentday/register/ and have people call oracle support that they cannot see that site. One oracle employee with an windows xp box cannot connect, too.

I have allready undone any performance / hardening sysctl settings, still, some people cannot connect...

Has anyone heard of this? Or is it just this machine?

(nmap does not guess the os, is that normal for 7.0?)

Any help (and debugging tips other than comparing packet dumps...)
apreciated.

Thanks, Mathias

P.S.:uname and ifconfig

1% uname -a
FreeBSD 1.strongdesk.com 7.0-BETA1 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1 #3: Wed Oct 24
17:59:25 CEST 2007
hermannf@1.strongdesk.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STRONGDESK  i386

1% ifconfig vr0
vr0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu
1500
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        ether 00:11:09:7c:b5:0f
        inet 213.239.214.227 netmask 0xffffffe0 broadcast
213.239.214.255
        maclabel biba/equal(equal-equal),mls/equal(equal-equal)
        status: active