Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 00:54:42 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DOS File system fixes

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Though, personally, I've never been attracted to the idea of FreeBSD
> > running DOS or Windows apps: I don't know how others feel about this.
>
> I think that the answer to that question goes rather far beyond
> whether or not the likes of you and I are attracted to the idea.
>
> The sheer number of applications in question, and the weight of
> testimony from the many who have gone frequently (and loudly) on
> record as saying that they ARE interested in the idea, thank you very
> much, is more than enough compelling evidence, I think.
>
> In particular, I call your attention to the following article which
> I fwd'd recently to Amancio's multimedia list:
>
>     NOORDA's WILLOWS TO PUT ITS
>     WINDOWS-ON-UNIX SOURCE ON TO NET
>
>     . . . . .

Thanks for the article, Jordan.

I'm not sure that

	#define attraction_to(dos_in_a_box) popularity_of(dos_in_a_box)

returns the value I was expecting, but it seems to compile all right!

Anyway, in matters of sufficient technical difficulty, "Is it worth doing?"
has never been a question that bothers for long.

--
Robert Nordier
rnordier@iafrica.com