Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 16:39:53 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>, Evan Oldford <evan@whistle.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet sometimes gets "SRA secure login" prompt??

In message <15088.15086.618567.767691@horsey.gshapiro.net>, Gregory
Neil Shapir
o writes:
> >> Edit your /etc/inetd.conf  "-a" option (man telnetd)
> >> telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/telnetd    telnetd
> >> -a off
>
> gavin> Had done - and after a kill -HUP inetd this still made no
> gavin> difference. This confused me... I eventually recompiled telnetd to
> gavin> use the old version
>
> Using "-a off" won't help.  Use:
>
> telnet	stream	tcp	nowait	root	/usr/libexec/telnetd	telnetd
>  -a off -X sra
> telnet	stream	tcp6	nowait	root	/usr/libexec/telnetd	telnetd
>  -a off -X sra

I've got a patch that will disable authentication if -a off is only
specified.  Specifying -X sra as well as -a off seems counterintuitive.
 Would anyone be interested in my submitting the patch as a PR, or is
-a off -X sra good enough?

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC