Date:      Thu, 01 Aug 2002 13:57:00 +0100
From:      Nick Barnes <Nick.Barnes@pobox.com>
To:        Brian Sneddon <annorax@cereal.rutgers.edu>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSL in apache-modssl package

At 2002-08-01 12:47:45+0000, Brian Sneddon writes:
> Have you tried:
>
> ldd /usr/local/sbin/httpd  (or whereever yours is installed)
>
> This should show you whether it's linked dynamically and if so to which
> specific library.

Yes, I thought of that.  But of course the modules (e.g. mod_ssl) are
loaded with dlopen().

By running "ktrace /usr/local/sbin/httpd -DSSL", I can see that it
maps /usr/lib/libssl.so.2.  That's strong enough evidence for me, and
I'm guessing that /usr/local/libexec/apache/libssl.so is something
other than OpenSSL.

Nick B