Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:52:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Found BAD BUG: squashed

:> These bytes can used for larger reference counts without changing the
:> size of the struct, but not without breaking binary compatibility.
:> Fortunately, "cr_ref" is invalid in userland.
:
:*slaps forhead*
:
:Bruce, you rule.  Any chance you can fix this before release?  You
:should be right about refcounts.  I know binary compatbility is
:important, however since it's contained within the kernel I think
:that supporting > 32k sockets per application might be a nice thing
:for 4.3.
:
:--
:-Alfred Perlstein - [alfred@freebsd.org]

    Oh, please don't.  I'm sure Terry can wait until after 4.3 release to
    get this fix in!  There is no sense chancing it.

						-Matt