Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 13:36:20 -0500
From:      ouyang@us.ibm.com
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   xdm

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue:

Dear FreeBSD experts,

I have a question regarding xdm (X display manager):

After I added the line

ttyv4 "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon" xterm on secure

in /etc/ttys, I followed the procedure to get init to read the
changes in /etc/ttys, so I entered

# kill -1 1

I got the login screen as it was supposed to. However, after I
entered the username and password, the system returned to the
login screen again. I tried to reboot the system but got the
same result. Would you please tell me how can I fix this problem?
Thanks you very much!

Sincerely,

Tung OuYang
Network Studies, IBM