Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:48:55 +0000
From:      ken@mui.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   handbook error?

I was looking at the handbook to configure my dialup lines, and
noticed that the rc.serial information seems to be very different.

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook157.html#384

>High-speed modems, like V.32, V.32bis, and V.34 modems, need to use
>hardware (RTS/CTS) flow control. You can add stty commands to
>/etc/rc.serial on FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 and up, or /etc/rc.local on
>FreeBSD 1.1, to set the hardware flow control flag in the FreeBSD
>kernel for the modem ports.
>
>For example, on a sample FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 system, /etc/rc.serial
>reads:
>
>    #!/bin/sh
>    #
>    # Serial port initial configuration
>
>     stty -f /dev/ttyid1 crtscts
>     stty -f /dev/cuai01 crtscts

um ... the rc.serial has some coding in there -- dunno what it
exactly means.  The other example was for older systems.  The
indication was that on a 1.1.5.1 or newer, it is the above statement.

Am I reading it wrong?

Thanks,

ken