Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:10:22 -0500
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp set up

--Sig_wGKStiO0aHm9ZTOXz+8=uHD

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 4:48:25 -0800
Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if someone could point me to a reliable detailed resource
> for configuring an ftp server on freebsd 6.1 for both incoming and
> outgoing files (including anonymous ftp).
>=20
> I do not want anonymous uploaders to view existing file names in
> ftp/incoming or be able to download from incoming. I want the server
> as secure as is reasonably practicable. The notes in the freebsd
> handbook are not really comprehensive enough for me.

You might want to read up on some of the FTP servers that are available
in the ports system. Find one that meets your needs and then if you are
still having problems or questions, either check on the FTP server's
mailing list, if one is available, or post your question here.

--=20
Gerard

Friends, n:
	People who borrow your books and set wet glasses on them.

	People who know you well, but like you anyway.