Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 21:09:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        Jano Lukac <jedovaty@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tracing a crash

Jano,

If you aren't seeing anything extraordinary in the logs, this is an
indication that the crash was caused by a w/r error.  You may have a
problem with your disk drive, controller card, cable, etc.  Unfortunately,
when your machine quits writing to the disk, there will be no log
entries.  You will only see the errors from the console.

--
Jim Weeks